Learn more about our supportive and collaborative community of students, faculty, mentors, writers, and visiting artists! In our low-residency graduate programs, students develop a network of colleagues and build a sustainable career in the arts.
“In NHIA’s Graduate Programs, we believe that the cross-disciplinary dialogue that emerges when our faculty and students are together will inspire and embolden anyone looking to launch a sustainable art career through an MFA, MAAE, or MAT. We have an exceptional community of artists and writers at NHIA! I invite you to join us at one of our upcoming events so you can witness the energy and cross-pollination for yourself!” – Lucinda Bliss, Graduate Programs Dean
Manchester Campus, 148 Concord Street, Manchester, NH 03104
Sharon Arts Center Campus, 30 Grove Street, Peterborough, NH 03458
GRADUATE PROGRAM EVENTS
- Friday, April 21 | Alison Hawthorne Deming Reading, with opening reading by Irene McGarrity, MFA in Creative Writing alumna (’16) | Portsmouth, NH, River Run Bookstore | 6:00pm | Meet NHIA’s Dean and MFA Creative Writing Director, 6:30pm Reading
- Saturday, April 22 | Open House | 9am - 1pm | Graduate Dean, MFA, MAT, and MAAE Directors, and Graduate Admissions staff will offer short presentations about our graduate programs. Attendees can also meet with Financial Aid, tour the campus, check out our Special Collections Library, and take part in an optional portfolio review. Lunch will be served.
- Saturday, June 24 | MFA Residency Visit Day | 9am-1pm | See the residency in action! Sit in on seminars, workshops and critiques, hear Dean and Director presentations, and join us for lunch with current students.
- September | Pop-up show, Portsmouth, NH | Location and time TBD
- Saturday, October 21 | NHIA Open House | 9am - 1pm
- Thursday, November 2 | Pecha Kucha, Stark Brewery, Manchester NH | 6:30pm info session; 7pm event
- Saturday, January 13 | MFA Residency Visit Day | 9am - 1pm
LOOK FOR US AT A 2017 CONFERENCE
- Muse and the Marketplace Conference, Boston | May 5-7
- Arts + Environment Conference, Nevada | Oct 9-11
- NH Film Festival, Portsmouth, NH | Oct 12-15
- NHAEA Conference, NHIA| Oct 14
- Statewide Arts Education Partnership Conference (hosted by the New Hampshire State Council on the Arts) | TBD