Become a Peer Tutor
Working as a Peer Tutor provides a unique way to contribute to the Institute community. Peer tutors are chosen not only for writing and comprehension skills, but also for an ability to relate to and teach their peers.
As a Peer Tutor, you will:
- Share your insights about the classes you’ve taken
- Peer Tutors work to fulfill out the mission of the Academic Support Center
- Share your ideas about the Center's growth and effectiveness
- Gain leadership experience and interpersonal skills
- Improve your own critical thinking and writing abilities
- Add valuable work experience to your resume
- Help to make your peers’ academic experience more enjoyable
- Make new friends
If you would like to apply for a Peer Tutor position, click here to download our application form. Completed applications, including writing samples and letters of reference, should be turned in to the Academic Support Center Director, who will review your application materials and contact you to set up an interview.