Youth Arts is excited to announce its fall programming for teens!
NHIA Youth Arts programming is designed to give young artists, creatives and makers (age 12-18) of all levels the opportunity to push their artistic boundaries. We celebrate the process of creating, experimenting and taking artistic risks. Whether a student is looking to collaborate with peers, experiment with new techniques and mediums, or challenge their own artistic practice, Youth Arts programs are here to support any young artists’ goals.
Scholarships are available for all Youth Arts programs and no student will be turned away due to a family’s inability to pay.
ARTLAB AFTERSCHOOL FOR TEENS (Ages 12-18)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for ARTLAB
- COST $85 (includes tuition, materials, and snacks)
- Areas of Focus: painting, drawing, and sculpture with mini-workshops in digital illustration, bookmaking and printmaking
ARTLAB is designed to support young artists, creatives and makers (ages 12-18) build their artistic practice and individual style while offering exposure to new materials and techniques. Under the guidance of faculty, and artists, students will be challenged to step out of their creative comfort zones and explore a theme through various independent and collaborative 2D and 3D projects. This is the perfect opportunity for young artists of all levels to push their artistic boundaries, meet other local teens, gain experience in different mediums and challenge themselves through creative experimentation. Each ARTLAB ends with a pop-up gallery reception for young artists to showcase their work to family and friends. Pop-up exhibits will take place following the final class of each ARTLAB from 6:15pm to 7:00pm. Students are strongly encouraged to invite family, friends and teachers to attend.
FALL ARTLAB DATES
- Tuesday ARTLAB 1: 10/2, 10/9, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/13*, no class 11/6
- Thursday ARTLAB 1: 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25, 11/1, 11/8*
- Tuesday ARTLAB 2: 11/27, 12/4, 12/11, 12/18, 1/8, 1/15*, no class 11/25 or 1/1
- Thursday ARTLAB 2: 11/29, 12/6, 12/13, 12/20, 1/3, 1/10*, no class 12/27
*Indicate pop-up exhibit nights
OPEN STUDIO (optional) 3:00 – 4:00pm
Students will have access to a wide range of materials including paint, markers, charcoal, clay and more. Students can use this time to create independently, collaboratively, or work one-on-one with Youth Arts Instructors on new approaches. Snacks are provided at this time.
ARTLAB AFTERSCHOOL SCHEDULE OUTLINE:
- 3:00 – 3:50pm Sign-In
- 3:00 – 4:00pm Optional Open Studio
- 4:00 – 6:00pm ARTLAB
- 6:00pm Sign-Out
FRIDAY NIGHT COLAB
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR FRIDAY NIGHT COLAB
COST $38 for one CoLAB
Friday Night CoLAB (short for collaboration) takes place at the NHIA Manchester campus one Friday every month from 4:00pm to 8:00pm during the school year. CoLAB is a safe space for creativity, ideas, experimentation, and materials to collide. Together young artists will spend their Friday night developing a shared vision and creating original collaborative art pieces. Emphasis will be placed on the creative process, communication, collaboration and (of course) fun! CoLAB is perfect for young artists of all levels to be artistically challenged and meet other local teens. Join us for dinner and let’s create!
Fall CoLAB DATES
- CoLAB: Screen Printing Posters and Shirts: October 26, 4:00 – 8:00pm
- CoLAB: Ceramic Sculptures: November 16, 4:00 - 8:00pm
- CoLAB: Mixed Media Portrait Paintings: December 14, 4:00 – 8:00pm
To request a scholarship click here to fill out the Scholarship Request Form and submit along with your program registration to the Director of Youth Arts Programs and Outreach, Jaclynn Hart at email@example.com, or my mailing to New Hampshire Institute of Art, 148 Concord Street, Manchester, NH 03104.
2018-2019 YOUTH ARTS GENERAL POLICIES AND PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT
Prior to participating in any Youth Arts program in the 2018-2019 school year, please take a moment to read through our General Policies and fill out the required Student Information and Participation Agreement Form.
PROGRAM WITHDRAWAL AND REFUNDS
- Withdrawal from a Youth Arts program must be made in writing to Jaclynn Hart or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not attending a program does not constitute an official withdrawal.
- 10 or more days prior to the first class: 100% refund
- 7-9 days prior to the first class: 50% refund
- 1-6 days prior: no refunds